As part of their Health and Welfare for the Elderly series, BAPS Healthcare held a seminar about stomach and intestinal diseases. The seminar was conducted by Dr Kalpesh Besherdas, Consultant Gastroenterologist at Barnet and Chase Farm NHS Trust.
Topics covered included:
- Recognition of alarming symptoms that might be suggestive of cancer
- Symptoms suggestive of heartburn, indigestion and reflux
- Symptoms of stomach ulcers
- Symptoms of gall stones or gallbladder problems
- Recognition of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- What to do about an altered bowel habit or stomach bloating
Advice about when and where to seek help and guidance from was offered.
Finally, questions were answered from the floor
The seminar was attended by about 50 people, all of whom learned a significant amount, found the seminar very informative and helpful, and had numerous questions.
Disclaimer: The information provided herein does not constitute medical advice. Please consult a medical professional for medical advice.