Due to the exceptionally cold weather and treacherous conditions around the country, visitors and devotees are advised NOT to venture out to BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, London.
Visitors travelling to the Mandir should take note that only the Shayona car park is open. All other car parks will remain closed until further notice.
Generally, all non-essential travel should be avoided. If absolutely necessary, please take extra care when leaving home, bearing in mind the following:
- Roads may be icy. Drive carefully at all times – especially on side roads.
- Car parking areas may also be a hazard.
- Pavements may be icy. There is a risk of falling over and causing injury.
- Protect yourself from the cold.
Because of the treacherous conditions, it would be advisable for all individuals to first check the local situation regarding weather and the state of the roads before embarking on their journey to their local mandir/centre. If it is difficult or inconvenient, it is better not to take the risk to go to sabha.
There are forecasts of heavier snow and even colder weather in certain parts of the country. Please take care – especially of those who are very young, old or ill – and stay warm!
Please click here for Age UK’s guidelines for keeping warm – especially for vulnerable.
Please refer to the following links for further useful information:
- Get the latest on school closures and travel problems via your BBC Local website.
- Check if snow is forecast in your area at BBC Weather.
- Details of motorway and local road closures and public transport disruption are available at BBC Travel News.
- For advice on handling difficult driving conditions, see the Highways Agency website
- For information about severe weather warnings, see the Met Office website.
- For information about staying healthy in the current cold snap, see the NHS Winter Health website.
There are forecasts of heavier snow and even colder weather in certain parts of the country. Please take care – especially of those who are very young, old or ill – and also keep in touch with others who may be vulnerable to the cold. And stay warm!
Best wishes, BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, UK.
Disclaimer: BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, UK is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.